Lorient, France – September 13rd 2021 – IoT.bzh, an open source software company for embedded & secured solutions, today announced the release of its first redpesk® OS version called « Arz 1.0 ».
A ready-to-start full feature community edition is available online with its documentation.
« Thanks to redpesk®, customers can now focus on their differentiating applications relying on an easy-to-use CI/CD Long Term Supported platform (+10 years) with best of modern IT features adapted to embedded’s constraints » said Fulup Le Foll, IoT.bzh CEO.
redpesk® Arz 1.0 includes the following key features :
- A new application framework AFB-V4 engine compatible with AGL-V3 up to 10 times faster
- A new security model that can understand Smack but also an early access version for SELinux
- +2 500 pre-built ready-to-use binary packages
But also many others as:
- Cross-compilation for X86 & ARM architectures
- SDK enabling fast native iteration cycles for developers
- Automatic testing facility for both real & virtual environments
- Extended QA through scanning tools
- Release management solution
- Reporting interface
- Reference implementation for Over-the-Air updates
- Core optional platform services (health monitoring, identity management etc)
All these features are supported on multiple SoC architectures and reference boards: Renesas H3/M3 ULCB, Raspberry PI 4, UP board & virtual machine QEMU-x86_64
redpesk® is a secure embedded Linux dedicated to Industrial IoT and redpesk® OS (www.redpesk.bzh) provides:
- A free developer edition aligned with CentOS Stream®
- A subscription based LTS version aligned on a fork of RHEL®
IoT.bzh is an expert software company with strong recognition inside the global open source community for its Linux and cybersecurity solutions dedicated to embedded markets (automotive, maritime, military, aeronautics, energy etc).