After presenting key constraints of new cybersecurity standards UN R155/R156 regulations, the session presents how redpesk open source stack helps to address those concerns, especially with it secured-by-design architecture.
The UNECE WP.29 regulation R155 for Cyber Security Management and R156 for Software Updates have been adopted in 2021 by UNECE’s World Forum for Harmonization of Vehicle Regulations. This means that cybersecurity is now non-negotiable for accessing the market in more than 60 countries, starting in July 2022.
The open source secured-by-design stack redpesk helps to fulfill regulatory requirements by providing:
- MAC-enabled Linux distribution (SMACK/SELinux)
- secure microservices architecture
- integration with RTOS for safety
- Innovative container engine fitted for embedded
- LTS on full car life (approx. 20 years)
- SOTA support
Talk presented at FOSDEM 2022
Slides: [click here]
Video: [click here]