redpesk®: the all-in-one Linux platform that makes IoT simple
Modern IT solutions adapted to IoT constraints
Release of redpesk® factory “Armel 1.0”
Lorient, France – September 29th 2022 – IoT.bzh, an open source software company expert in cybersecurity and Linux embedded solutions (automotive, industrial, energy, marine etc), today announced the release of its first redpesk® factory version called « Armel 1.0 ». This factory completes the redpesk® “Arz” first OS version released last year. A ready-to-start factory is available online for free here : https://community-app.redpesk.bzh, and with its documentation here : https://docs.redpesk.bzh/docs/en/master/getting_started/docs/community-edition.html.
In the 20th century the automotive industry developed advanced industrial manufacturing techniques to reduce costs and time-to-market, likewise the emerging complex software growth of embedded systems (a modern car contains more than 100 million lines of code) requires industrial solutions. It is key to divide up software project organization and automate repetitive tasks such as the regular launch of compilation, unit tests, deployment, etc.
Hence, redpesk® factory 1.0 includes the following features :
- Cross-compilation for x86 & ARM architectures
- +2 500 pre-built ready-to-use binary packages
- SDK enabling fast native iteration cycles for developers
- Automatic testing facility for both real & virtual environments
- Release management solution
- Reporting interface
- Reference implementation for Over-the-Air updates
- Project and image release process (link to doc)
- Custom image build (more details here)
- Security Audit tools (security weakness tools - flawfinder, gcov) (more details here)
- Export / Import projects (more details here)
All these features are supported on multiple SoC architectures and reference boards: Renesas H3/M3 ULCB, SolidSense N8, Raspberry PI 4, UP board & virtual machine QEMU-x86_64
Our redpesk® factory is a cutting edge tool to develop and maintain rich software in an industrial way for embedded systems: as the number of lines of code explodes, automatization is mandatory» said Fulup Le Foll, IoT.bzh CEO.
redpesk® is an “all-in-one” embedded Linux platform dedicated to Industrial IoT (www.redpesk.bzh) providing:
- A free developer edition aligned with CentOS Stream®
- A subscription based LTS version aligned on a fork of RHEL®
IoT.bzh is an expert software company with strong recognition inside the global open source community for its Linux and cybersecurity solutions dedicated to embedded markets (automotive, maritime, military, aeronautics, energy etc).
For more information, visit https://iot.bzh.